Friday, April 11, 2014

How'd he look?

I walked toward my bounty who has been eliminating the raid map creatures. I couldn't just face him head-on while he was collecting epic gear. The map has a huge problem with vantage points due to the cliffs surrounding the main dungeon field. This proved to be my greatest advantage to study his offensive tactics to prepare for any counter-attacks.

He slashed his opponents wildly with no sense of balance. This probably explains his preference for new players who can't defend those attacks. I decided to climb up to the cliffs, so I can just snipe him without a fight. So I hoped.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" A voice chimed in.

I lost my footing and my target due to her. This woman. Ancir the modern cleric, my estranged wife, who clearly doesn't have anything better to do, but ruining my chances for some income.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I annoyingly asked her.

"Uh, playing this game, duh" Her trademark sarcasm is usually her go-to technique for our conversations. This would annoy me most of the time, but I have a two hundred million gold bounty leaving the map and I need to stop him.

"Don't you have a boyfriend to nag?" I said to her while I scaled the cliff again.

"That's a bit mean. Don't you think?," she winced a little waiting for another response, and I sure as hell wasn't going to let her leave scrape-free.

"Only one of us is capable of thinking," I bit her hook, "And it ain't you."

"You're hurtful!" She grieved.

"It only hurts if it's true, now if you'll excuse me," I waved to her, "I have a bounty to collect."

I never chose to push her away, but her decisions explained a lot of her feelings toward me.

That was hurtful.

I finally reached my perch for the kill, and with only enough room for me and my rifle I expected no distractions. My skills aren't really focused on my marksmanship, but my engineering abilities are close to the maximum. Luckily, I had some extra skill points lying around, so I swiped the empty space between my scope and me to open the player menu. I allocated some points to my gun fighting skill set. Soon, my eyesight grew sharper along with the scope which made Wyrm easy pickings. My crosshairs layered toward the skull of my intended two hundred million dollar target. If this game had sweat, my palms would be covered in it with either anxiousness or excitement. I pulled the lever to load my rifle and began to slowly squeeze my trigger. This moment would be the moment that all my problems will erase. I can even retire before I get a degree.

Bang!

"Did you find him?" Her voice shrilled toward my perch causing me to flinch as she jumped up to join me. I already pulled the trigger. The bullet left the barrel and quickly took its path toward Wyrm and my riches. The loud bang alerted him to his end as he turned toward the noise.

If only I can see his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment